Life, Love, & Lipgloss
The Beauty-ful Misadventures of *vanity kane*

Tuesday, February 03, 2009
*Blows dust of her blog* is anyone even here anymore??? I feel like such a neglectful parent, I haven't spoken to you guys in so long. A year of my life has gone by and I haven't even taken the time out to share with you all. I must do better in 2009. Will you forgive me? Pretty please? You will, yay for me!! Well, before we catch up on the good stuff, I was tagged by a couple of folks to do one of those 25 random things surveys and I figured it would be a great way for me to get back into the swing of things. That being said, here we go:

1) I was a really big *Nsync fan. Like, fanatical big. I have seen them 3 times in concert (including the Madison Square Garden show that was filmed for HBO), I kept three 3” binders packed full of various posters, magazine articles and other tidbits about the group, and you couldn’t tell me that I wasn’t going to have mulatto babies with Justin Timberlake. I even accidentally flashed J.C. Chasez at a show in D.C. (it really was an accident, I swear!). To me, they will always be the greatest boy band ever. Well aside from New Edition. Which brings me to…

2) From about until I was 7 or so, I refused to go to bed without listening to New Edition. I would throw a fit if my mother didn’t let me fall sleep to Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky, Mike, and Ralph. “If It Isn’t Love” is one of my favorite songs J

3) I love reading [Crunk + Disorderly]. Not just because of the content, but because of the ridiculous post tags they have made up. Gems like “I can do all things through Yaki that strengthens me”, “Go ahead and sell that ass girl”, and “My pussy sits up real nice in my shorts” leave me dying of laughter each and everyday.

4) If I really like you, I will more than likely bake you your favorite dessert from scratch or whip up one of my classics to show it. After whipping up said dessert, I will present it to you wearing something very cute. I mean, what’s better than having a sweet treat serving you a sweet treat? ;-)

5) Mariah Carey is my favorite singer. I love her way more than I love Beyoncé. I even have the Glitter album. Don’t hate, that ish was great, LOL!

6) The girls believe that I am going to marry a nice older man who will love me beyond belief.

7) I love them for wanting that for me J

8) Back when I was in 5th grade and the mid 90’s were in full swing, I though that Pamela Anderson was the coolest chick ever. I attribute that to the fact that she made it cool to have big boobs – natural or fake, lol

9) Since age 3 in my stilettos been struttin’ in this game – literally. There is photographic proof me wearing a pair of my mother’s stiletto pumps and fishnet stockings. That day sealed my fabulous fate. I am still trying to find this pic actually.

10) I was 5 when my middle sister was born. I wanted to name her so I named her Claviaca. Don’t ask why I named her such a thing, I was clearly 5, lol

11) I have always had a very active imagination, and it tends to run away with me more often than not.

12) My first crush was Curtis from the comic strip of the same name. Don’t judge me, I told you about my imagination, LOL!

13) I am probably not as stuck up as I let on to be.

14) Deep down inside I am not just a gay man, but I am a drag queen. I heart those bitches.

15) I wanted to be a video girl most of my sophomore year at Howard – up until I saw Uncut for the first time. Trust and believe I changed my mind about that with a quickness!

16) I have noticed that most of my no-homo girl crushes are on chicks who like a bit like me. I feel like that proves I’m a bit conceited, lmao!

17) Even after all the heartache I have been through, I still believe that I will have my fairy tale love story.

18) I really wish I could have a Barbie doll modeled after me. That would be über-glamorous indeed.

19) I was quite an acrobat in my younger days. The most chronicled story of my acrobatics was when I was 1 or 2 I climbed up our couch, into the window to the kitchen, found a box of pretzels and proceeded to eat them. Mind you I didn’t do this just once, but twice. Everyone thought my grandfather was the one that put me on the table until he took pictures outlining the whole process of my stunt. That and the fact that I was being a fatty.

20) I want to write a book one day, and that is actually the main reason why Life, Love and Lipgloss came to be. I wanted an arena to practice writing about my life experiences in order to help other girls who may be dealing with similar issues. You’re still not alone ladies!

21) I was a child model for a brief moment in time. A VERY brief moment. I was actually in a textbook back in the day. I couldn’t tell you the name of it or anything though, sorry, LOL.

22) I am a minimalist beauty junkie. Even though I have a cosmetics arsenal that rivals any high end department store, the only products I use on a regular basis are lipgloss, mascara and a hint of blush. Coincidentally those are probably the 3 things I would need to survive if I was stranded on a desert island. That and Vin Diesel…and Trey Songz…

23) One of the things I am most self-conscious about (my smile) is one of the things I get complimented on the most.

24) I love bad 90’s pop music. I am not ashamed to say that Aqua, Amber, Real McCoy and Ace of Base are just a sampling of the artists from my childhood that I enjoy.

25) I’m not really that into chocolate, I only like certain chocolate things (namely Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups) and that is when the mood strikes me. If you really want to get on my good side, bring me vanilla cupcakes J



Posted by *vanity kane* at 11:39 AM |

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Niki McNeill Brown said........
you really were the biggest NSync fan I knew!! And uum yea, C&D is the FUNNIeST gossip blog on the net, hands down!!

hope you're doing well girl, love ya! ;)

o and i did this on my blog too!
 



hit counter
How Does It Feel?